|SERVER TIMED OUT ISSUE
From the EA forum post by DJUNGLEJARL
1. Press: Windows-button (the one between lAlt and lCtrl) + R, a window should pop up.
2. Write: "services.msc" (without the ") then press enter.
3. In the list of services, scroll down to "UPnP Device Host", click it and press "Stop service".
4. Now do the same thing but with the service "SSDP Discovery".
5. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under "network discovery" select to turn off network discovery
6. SAVE CHANGE
thx to MaintenanceMan for noticing this .
Some routers have UPNP enabled by default . Go to your router setting and disable it . If the above steps have not worked this should work .